Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Miranda

She is finally here. We were suppose to go to the hospital on the 30th of December and get induced unless she decided to come sooner. On the 29th I woke up in the middle of the night having labor pains. She decided she wanted to come early. We got to the hospital at 4:20 am. My dad came down to my house to stay with the boys. This is the first time I have gone into labor on my own and I have to say it hurts pretty bad. I had an epidural as soon as they let me. After about five hours I was ready to have the baby. It went very fast. She was born at 9:40 am. When she first came out she looked a little scary. She wasn't breathing very well and wasn't moving. She was also pretty purple. They had everything in the room so the Doctor cut the cord and handed her over to the nurses. They suctioned her out and gave her some oxygen and she started pinking up. It scared Brent, I couldn't even see her so I didn't really know what was going on. My parents came just after they got her looking good. It is probably a good thing because I think it would have scared my mom to death to see her looking like that. After that we went to our recovery room and hung out. I have to say that the more kids I have the easier it is to recover. We are both doing great and enjoying being home. She was 6 pounds 15 ounces, my biggest baby so far, and 21 inches.

4 comments:

  1. Oh she is soo beautiful Jen! I can't wait to meet her tonigt! Woowoo! I'm glad baby and mama seem to be doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried to leave a comment but it didn't seem to take. Just want to congatulate you both on your darling little girl. I love the name, Miranda! She looks like she has her brother's eyes! Can't wait to see her when I come this spring! Love, Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. We are so happy for you. She is way cute.
    (this is Jacque by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are getting so big. I bet they love that little girl. Congrats and we really look forward to meeting her in June.

    ReplyDelete

Our new house

Here are some pics of the new house. We have not taken any pictures of the inside yet. But this is what the outside looks like, pretty nice hu. We are loving it here and getting to know so many great people.




Kindergarten

They had a flag raising at school for Jace at his elementry school. They welcomed all the kids and raised the flag. Then they had the kids get in line behind their teacher and go into their classes. He was so excited he could hardly stand it.